The Ultimate Road Trip
Your journey begins with a login and then be on your way with your driver's ed road trip.
Integrated Video Lessons
Video lessons on difficult to master skills are integrated into the program.
Laptop or tablet - same experience
Same great, visual experience and interaction on either a laptop or tablet.
Postcards For Accomplishments
Upon completing a section, students receive a virtual postcard which can be posted to their favorite social sites.
A Driver's Ed Course Fully Licensed by the California DMV
The igottadrive.com Online Drivers Ed course is licensed by the California DMV (license # 4582) to replace the standard 30 hours of classroom time that must be completed by all future drivers. This course is designed to introduce you to all the fundamentals of safe driving while preparing you to receive your permit and then your California driver's license.
When you complete the course, you will receive a California Certificate Of Completion, which can be used to get your driver’s permit. Expedited certificate shipping available. You can also earn high school credits through our learning partner, Orion High School. This could also qualify you for a car insurance discount as well. We are committed to providing the knowledge you need to pass your “skills & knowledge test” and get out on the road and be a safe driver.
You can get your California driver’s license quickly and easily through our simple 3-step process. As long as you’re over 15.5 years old, you can become a fully licensed driver without all the stress. California’s process for obtaining a license can be confusing and difficult if you’re doing it alone. We want to make it as easy as possible to avoid the hassle and complete your coursework.
Easy As 1-2-3
- Learn the fundamentals of safe driving and improve your skills with an online driver’s ed course from igottadrive.com.
- Receive your permit from the California DMV after passing the “skills & knowledge test” at the local DMV and use our driving school locator where you'll attend your behind-the-wheel training.
- Get your California driver’s license from the DMV by passing the “driving test” at the DMV
At igottadrive.com we are committed to providing clear and engaging information and coursework so you’ll be ready to handle your skills & knowledge test. We want you to succeed, and you can call or email us any time with questions or concerns about the course.
A driver’s permit allows a student to practice maneuvers on the road, as long as they are under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or adult who is at least 21 years old. You will need to successfully complete the driver’s ed course and pass the "skills & knowledge test" test at your local California DMV to acquire your permit, and we can help you through the process.
Once you have secured your permit, it’s time to start your in-car training to prepare for the road test at the DMV. It will take a lot of hands-on practice, but the more you work at your skills the easier the final test will be. Spend as much time as you can behind the wheel and under the supervision of an experienced driver, and you’ll be ready for every aspect of the driving test.
Driver's Education Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions about our program
- Driving School Search for local driving schools
- Car Insurance requirements, claims, & discounts
- Instructional video library on the Student Page
- Driving Tips library can help build your skills
- Driver's Blog for topical driving issues
- Fun Facts includes an infographic collection
Official California DMV Information
- California DMV web site
- California DMV Office Locator
- Driver Handbook
- California Student License Manual
- Earn High School Credits while taking online driver's ed