Distracted driving has made the news over the last few years and has become so prominent that April has now been named “Distrcted Driving Awareness” month. Its not every cause that gets its own month, so obviously distracted driving is a major issue. There is a distracted driving government site and we at igottadrive.com have written about this topic often.
Indeed, we have written several articles on distracted driving which we encourage readers to review:
- Distracted Driving Examined discussing the human brain and distractions.
- 5 Forms Of Distracted Driving showing key types of distraction to avoid while driving.
- Distracted Driving and Dogs pointing out how our love for pets becomes a distraction.
- Don’t Reach For That Falling Object demonstrating how dangerous this simple act can be while driving.
- Hand-Free Texting Unsafe Too discussing that just because your hands are free there is still a distraction.
All in all, distracted driving has become a major safety issue and anything we can do to raise the awareness of this problem can help increase safety on our roads.